Tokyo, Japan, March 5, 2023, Chainwire
- More participants are expected before registration closes at 11:59 PM PST on Monday, March 6th
- Participating startups will be mentored by senior executives from Sony, Astar Network, Microsoft, AWS, Dragonfly and Blockdaemon.
Astar Network, the smart contract platform for multichain networks, is pleased to announce that Web3 Incubation co-hosted with Sony Network Communications, Inc. , an operating company of the Sony Group, has received an overwhelming response from developers around the world.
The incubation program has received more than 150 registrations since it began accepting applications on February 17, 2023. The registration close is scheduled for 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, March 6. Interested developers can still submit their applications before the deadline on the next page.
Web3 Incubation powered by Sony Network Communications and Astar will run from mid-March to mid-June. Sony Network Communications and the Astar Foundation will review all applications and select 10 to 15 groups. Sony and Astar will team up with Startale Labs, a Singapore-based company founded by Astar Network CEO Sota Watanabe, to organize the incubation program.
Sota Watanabe, CEO of Startale Labs and Astar Network, said,I am amazed to see our developer community growing so quickly and I welcome new projects joining the Web3 Incubation Program with Sony Network Communications. I’m ready to start the next phase of our program, when our incubated projects start working with an elite group of mentors from AWS, Polychain, Microsoft, and more. “
Sony Network Communications is exploring how blockchain technology can solve various problems in its industry. This incubation program with Astar Network allows them to quickly find relevant Web3 solutions. They will combine their resources and expertise to jointly sponsor Web3 projects that focus on the usefulness of NFTs and DAOs.
The program invites participants from all over the world, regardless of their Web3 startup stage. It will include educational sessions with global venture capital firms such as Dragonfly, Fenbushi Capital, and Alchemy Ventures. and Web3 companies, as well as workshops on business and technology strategies. The mentorship sessions will feature senior executives and industry veterans including:
- Ryohei Suzuki, Director, Sony Network Communications Singapore
- Teemu Pohjola, General Manager at Sony R&D Center Brussels lab (Vice President)
- Sota Watanabe, Founder, Astar Network, CEO, Startale Labs
- Martin Henskins, Chief Growth Officer, ASTAR Network
- Andrew Frangis, Vice President of Sales and General Manager Asia Pacific at Blockdaemon
- Ben Berzyk, Partner at Polychain
- Bill Labone, Head of Education and Grants at the Web3 Foundation
- Dmitri Lapidus, Investment Partner at Dragonfly
- Wei Shi Khai, General Partner and COO of LongHash Ventures
- Yuki Yumenaga is an investor and researcher at Fenbushi Capital
- Michael Smith Jr., General Manager, Microsoft for APAC Startups
- Lillian Su, Web3 Lead at AWS Singapore
- Roy, Partner at HashKey Capital
- Santiago Balaguer, President, Parity BD
In mid-June, an offline Demo Day will be held at Sony Group headquarters in Tokyo during Japan Blockchain Week. Most promising companies from Sony Network Communications will be considered for investment.
About Sony Network Connections
The Sony Group operates a diverse group of businesses such as gaming and networking, music and photo services, entertainment technology and services, imaging and sensor solutions, and financial services. As a business of the Sony Group, Sony Network Communications participates in the communications business, the Internet of Things business, the artificial intelligence business, and the solution services business, and promotes new business through the use of assets within the Sony Group. In April 2022, Sony Network Communications established Sony Network Communications Singapore Pte. Ltd. In Singapore to engage in NFT-related development outsourcing and consulting business.
About Astar Network
Astar Network supports building dApps with EVM and WASM smart contracts and provides developers with true interoperability with consensus messaging (XCM) and shared virtual machine (XVM). Astar’s unique Build2Earn model enables developers to get paid through a dApp staking mechanism for their code and the apps they build.
Astar is one of the first companies to enter the Polkadot ecosystem, a vibrant network backed by all the major exchanges and Tier 1 capital. Astar provides the flexibility of all Ethereum and WASM tools for developers to start building their own dApps. To accelerate growth on the Polkadot and Kusama networks, Astar SpaceLabs is offering an incubation center for top TVL dApps.
For more information, visit:
Martin Henskins, [email protected]