Bitter local rivals Manchester City and Manchester United go head-to-head in a historic FA Cup final at Wembley on Saturday.
It is the first time the two Manchester clubs have met in the show final of English football’s premier knockout competition and could see City move one step closer to a treble.
Saturday’s game will be United’s third appearance of the season at Wembley, having triumphed in the Carabao Cup at the iconic stadium before beating Brighton on penalties in the semi-finals of that competition.
Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City will be hoping to lead his side to a second trophy of the campaign after winning the Premier League last month and with a Champions League final against Inter Milan to look forward to next weekend. The last — and only other — English team to win the treble? Man United, in 1999.
We’ll outline the best ones below live tv streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City vs Manchester United: When and where?
Manchester City take on Manchester United in this FA Cup Final in the neutral setting of London’s Wembley Stadium on Saturday, June 3. Kick-off is set for 3pm BST UK time (10am ET, 7am PT in the US and Canada and 12am AEST on Sunday 4 June in Australia).
How to watch Man City vs Man United online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find that you can’t watch the cup final locally, you may need a different way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, like ours Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake this really easy.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legal subscription to the service you’re streaming. You need to make sure your VPN is set up properly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone they believe is circumventing properly enforced termination restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN deals currently taking place.
Stream Man City vs Man United live in USA
The FA Cup Final is exclusively broadcast live in the US ESPN Plus. Kickoff is at 10 a.m. ET (7 a.m. PT) on Saturday for viewers in the States.
Live stream Man City vs Man United for free in UK
The great news for UK football fans is that free-to-air broadcasters BBC and ITV are sharing live coverage of the FA Cup Final this season.
Coverage on BBC1 starts at 13:50 BST and on ITV1 from 14:05 before the 15:00 kick-off.
Stream Man City vs Man United live in Canada
Canadian soccer fans looking to watch the FA Cup Final can get all the action live via Sportsnet.
Stream Man City vs Manchester United live in Australia
ViacomCBS holds the rights to broadcast the FA Cup in Australia, meaning you can now watch the final live Down Under via the Paramount Plus streaming service. Kick off is at 12am AEST on Sunday morning.
Quick tips for streaming the FA Cup using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – your experience and success with streaming FA Cup matches may vary.
- If you don’t see the location you want as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered to your account. Second, some smart TVs—like Roku—don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install a VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that every device on its Wi-Fi network is now shown in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing a VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install the sports app on a cable network, you will be asked to confirm a numeric code or click on a link sent to your email address in a file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help as both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to access their services. We usually recommend brave.