Installing a WordPress theme is very simple if you follow the process correctly.
In this article, we will show you how to install a theme in WordPress whether it is from a WordPress directory or through a third-party developer.
Also in this article, we will show you how to change a pre-installed theme, how to install a new theme, how to update a theme
Theme plays an important role in any website or blog.
With the use of Bhima, in a few clicks, the form of the website is created, in which there is no need for coding.
Here you will know all the ways to install theme in WordPress in detail.
Note: Installing a WordPress theme is very easy but whenever you install and activate a new theme the design of our website changes. If you want to install and activate a new theme, then first of all take a backup of the WordPress blog database.
3 ways to install a theme in WordPress
So let’s know all the ways to install WordPress themes one by one.
How to install theme in WordPress admin
If you want to install a WordPress-free theme from the wordpress.org theme directory, you can easily do it using the theme search functionality in the WordPress admin.
First of all, you have to log in to the WordPress admin
Now you click on Appearance >> Themes
Now a new theme page will open. Click on the Add New button here.
Now a new page will open here, you can search the theme, filter the theme according to different features.
According to your search, one or more themes will come up. Now move the mouse over the image in front of the theme you want to install. As soon as you can, the install button and preview button will start appearing.
Now you have to click on the install button
After clicking the install button, the theme will be installed in a short time and you will see an Activate button.
Now when you click on the activate button, click the theme will be completely stalled and activated.
How to upload and install a theme in a WordPress admin
From what I have just told you how to install a theme, you can install free themes only from wordpress.org.
But through that method, you cannot install premium themes like Newspaper, StudioPress, Generate Press Theme, etc.
So if you want to install a custom or premium theme, then you have to follow what I am saying in the method for that.
You can also install and activate it with the help of WordPress admin.
So let’s know step by step how to install and activate the premium theme
- First of all, wherever you have purchased the theme, you have to download the zip file of your premium theme.
- Now login to your WordPress admin panel.
- After logging in, click on the Themes option in the Appearance option.
- Now a new page will open, at the top of it there is the button of Add New, click on it
- Now a new page will open again, here the upload theme button will appear to click on it
- Now a new page will open, here you have to use the zip file from which you downloaded
- Then after selecting the file click on the install now button
- Now as soon as your theme is installed, you will see a button in Activate and Freeview
- Click on the Activate button. Your premium theme will be successfully installed and activated.
Note: Only the self-hosted wordpress.org user gets the features to upload and install the theme. If you have created your blog on wordpress.com then you will not get this option there.
Installing WordPress themes using FTP
If you have a WordPress theme on your local computer, then you can install it with the help of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). But with the help of FTP, there is also the fear of deleting files in the theme installation, which can also cause your blog to be offline.
So this is the way to install themes, not for the new people who have recently learned WordPress.
So in this way, try to install the same logo, which has knowledge of FTP as well as experience in WordPress.
To install the new theme via FTP, follow the steps given below.
To begin, you must have an FTP hostname, username and password, and an FTP client.
We have used the FTP client FileZilla to show the steps in this tutorial.
- First launch Filezilla, enter your login details and click on the Quickconnect button.
- The following window contains the remote site and a root directory (the root directory is the name of your site). Select / root directory / web / content / wp-content / themes.
- In the Local Site window, select your saved themed folder, right-click for more options, and hit Upload.
- Now you have successfully uploaded your theme to WordPress. To finalize, enter your control panel, go to Appearance> Themes and hover your mouse over the new theme. Now click on Activate.
Now your theme has been completely installed and activated. Check your new theme and see how you like the design of your new site.
Note: Whenever you think of updating a theme, first of all, take a backup of your WordPress blog database. While updating the theme, if the net of your computer or laptop goes away or if the light goes out, then your blog will not work properly or if a file in your blog may be corrupted, then make sure to backup before updating.
Now you must know how to install a theme in WordPress. A final note is to always keep the theme updated. It takes very little effort to update the core WordPress theme.
All themes are updateable, each update includes new features and enhancements, such as better security, website speed, and SEO, etc.
So through this article, you have learned how to install themes in WordPress and how to activate them. If you have any questions or suggestions related to the WordPress theme, then do write in the comment. If you like the information, then share it with your friends.